Exhibit features new scalable network video recording solution, advanced facial search and recognition system, and next-generation camera line
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, a leading provider of integrated security and surveillance solutions, recently announced it will be showcasing its latest video surveillance technologies and solutions here at ASIS International, September 24 - 27 (booth # 2263). With new offerings on display at the show including its surveillance video recording server, facial search and recognition system, high-performance camera line and innovative technology solutions for specific markets, Panasonic will showcase the industry's most complete portfolio of reliable, integrated security solutions, arming professionals from government, enterprises, schools, healthcare facilities and other organizations with the situational awareness necessary to make timely, actionable decisions that put safety first.
"Our ASIS exhibit highlights Panasonic's commitment to providing customers across a wide variety of industries and markets with state-of-the-art technology solutions that meet and exceed their operational needs," said Greg Peratt, Panasonic Video Solutions Integration Team senior director. "With the introduction of the latest security and video surveillance technologies, Panasonic continues to expand the capabilities of our security solutions portfolio to help protect people, property and assets across the world."
Panasonic's booth will showcase new products ready to hit the market, and next-generation technology under development for release later this year. These include:
* WV-ASR500 Scalable Network Video Surveillance Recording Solution: The new WV-ASR500 software recording solution offers extensive versatility as an expandable Windows server-based video recorder, providing customers with the flexibility required to build a powerful surveillance recording and monitoring installation around a single scalable software-based platform. In addition to the high capacity and field extendable core recording capability, the ASR500 features include multi-camera-time-synchronized playback, event- and time-based search and multiple video export and archiving functions among other features. In addition, when coupled with Panasonic ASM200 or ASM970 client applications the ASR500 system serves as a complete video management solution (VMS) featuring broad support for IP cameras and encoders as well as integration with third-party security hardware and access control systems from a wide range of leading manufacturers. A mobile control client will also be available for Android and iOS phones and tablets. The WV-ASR500 surveillance recording solutions will be offered in a Pro-Series edition in both 32 and 64 IP channel configurations along with upgrade options that expand capacity to up to 128 IP channels. An Enterprise Series upgrade will deliver Active Directory support in addition to other enterprise features. Both configurations will be available later this year through authorized Panasonic resellers on pre-integrated server platforms with flexible licensing options for channel expansion. For more information on the Panasonic WV-ASR500 system, visit www.us.panasonic.com/asr500.
* WV-ASF900 FacePro Facial Search and Recognition System: The new cutting-edge, server-based FacePro facial recognition and matching platform enables high-speed facial search and matching on video from Panasonic i-PRO Cameras utilizing the Face Detection option. Boasting a real-time processing capacity of up to 20 cameras per server, FacePro can execute high-speed searches of up to 1,000 registered reference faces on both live and recorded video and each server can store millions of detected face images depending on configuration. Reference face images can be selected from source video or imported via BMP, JPG and PNG files and can be searched for a match in a matter of seconds. In addition, this breakthrough technology allows for advanced age and gender analytics reporting and the ability to set flexible alarm triggers on matched faces using live cameras. FacePro can support multiple simultaneous sessions using the Panasonic ASM200 and ASM970 client applications. The new system will be released later this year on pre-integrated and tested server platforms.
* New 6 Series i-PRO Camera Platform: Demonstrating its dominance as an engineering and manufacturing powerhouse, Panasonic will be introducing its new 6 Series i-PRO camera line based on its next generation UniPhier LSI processors. 6 Series cameras feature 60 frames per second performance on both 720p and 1080p models and much improved compression efficiency via UniPhier's new Shadow Compression Engine. The new platform features Enhanced Super Dynamic technology enabling an impressive 130db video dynamic range delivering outstanding performance even in the most dynamic and challenging lighting conditions. The new 6 Series cameras all have the ability to encode up to four H.264 streams simultaneously and feature super-high sensitivity in low light conditions generating usable color video at less than 0.1lx illumination. Dual SDXC memory card slots are also supported for high-capacity edge recording. 6 Series models on display at ASIS will include two outdoor weather- and vandal-resistant cameras that offer built-in infrared LED illumination - a Full HD 1080p/60p resolution model (SFV631L) and a 720p/60p resolution model (SFV611L). Additional 6 Series cameras are slated for introduction throughout 2014.
* New HD and Full HD Surveillance Cameras: New cameras on display include the WV-SC588 indoor domeless Full HD PTZ and WV-SW115 low-profile surface mount HD cameras. Available now, the WV-SC588 includes Panasonic's advanced Mega Super Dynamic imaging technology, 360° endless panning, a 30x optical zoom lens and a high-sensitivity 2.0 megapixel MOS sensor for enhanced signal processing and performance. Also on exhibit and scheduled for release in spring 2014, the weather- and vandal-resistant WV-SW115 delivers a wide 104° view in a minimum profile package and offers Panasonic's Super Dynamic Response, 720p resolution and H.264 compression. Both cameras are compatible with Panasonic's FacePro facial search and recognition technology.
* ClearSight Rain-resistant Dome Coating: The industry's first permanent, rain-resistant dome coating significantly increases the operational utility of outdoor cameras in wet weather. This innovative hydrophilic coating allows rain drops to flatten onto the surface of the camera dome, significantly reducing optical distortion and providing better visibility in rainy conditions. In addition, the coated surface resists the development of water stains and dust accumulation reducing dome maintenance. The ClearSight Domes are available now on select IP and analog outdoor PTZ dome cameras (WV-SW396A, WV-SW395A, and WV-CW594A) and the recently introduced Full HD 1080p outdoor PTZ dome camera (WV-SW598) on exhibit demonstrating the ClearSight coating in actual wet conditions.
Panasonic's booth will also feature innovative technology solutions for specific markets. These include:
* SIP/Phone and Security Integration Solution: Panasonic's KX-UT670 Smart IP desktop phone gives customers unified communications and visual surveillance capabilities in a single platform and seamlessly integrates with select Panasonic iPRO video surveillance camera models. The SIP phone delivers support for up to six different SIP accounts, three-way conference calling and full duplex speakerphone capabilities. It also features an intuitive seven-inch color touch screen that allows easy navigation to all phone options including a camera monitoring function that displays live video feeds and captures images from up to 16 connected Panasonic i-PRO cameras. At ASIS, Panasonic is showcasing the SIP phone live on the Telesphere Cloud service, a leading nationwide provider of cloud communication solutions that allows customers to take advantage of reliable, affordable hosted phone solutions, including predictable costs, flexibility and support for both multi-site and remote workers.
* Transit Solution: The ruggedized Mobile Network Video Recorder Solution for transit surveillance provides the image quality agencies need to ensure public safety, manage incidents, reduce risks and address liability claims onboard trains and buses. Panasonic's transit solution features the WV-SW155/158 Series vandal resistant cameras which are IP66 and EN50155 rated making them ideal for transportation interior applications. The WV-SW158 model features higher performance Full HD 1080p resolution with a built-in microphone. The recording solution features an Intel Core i7 based platform with an integrated four port PoE switch. It supports up to 16 IP network cameras and offers a wide DC input range (9V-36V) with dual 2.5" SATA drive bays and optional external microphone support. The platform specifications conform to major third-party VMS software requirements.
* Mobile Control Room Solution: Combines the rugged mobility of Toughpad tablets with Panasonic's advanced line of surveillance technology, providing a truly mobile platform for comprehensive remote wireless surveillance.
o Toughpad FZ-G1 - WV-ASM200 i-PRO Management Software Solution: Utilizing Panasonic's WV-ASM200 video management software, users can control and view live feeds from up to 256 directly connected network cameras, and access recordings from up to 100 recorders, directly from their Toughpad tablets. The Toughpad FZ-G1 is a fully-rugged, 10-inch tablet featuring the Windows operating system and a 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3437U vPro 1.9GHz processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology and comes with built-in 802.11 capability and optional 4G LTE connectivity.
o Toughpad FZ-A1 - WJ-NV200 i-PRO SmartHD Network Disk Recorder Solution: Designed for remote viewing and full control of up to 16 network cameras, this solution connects wirelessly to Panasonic's WJ-NV200 Network Video Recorder offering an easy-to-use, economical method for mobile surveillance management without requiring the use of a PC. The fully-rugged, 10-inch Toughpad FZ-A1 will be demonstrated using Panasonic's free downloadable Android app which enables full pan/tilt/zoom camera control, live camera viewing and recording functions. The app also allows users to search recordings by date and time for playback, and register up to 50 recorders for control.
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Built on a celebrated engineering foundation, Panasonic architects business technology solutions that help build a better world. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to help them acquire, manage and interpret the information that drives innovation. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, high definition visual conferencing, visual communications (professional projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD video production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, which is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained at us.panasonic.com/business-solutions.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and services for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation, and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic is committed to becoming the electronics industry's leader in green innovation by its one-hundredth anniversary in 2018. In the 2013 Interbrand Annual Best Global Green Brands ranking, the Panasonic brand jumped two spots to number four: http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2013/Best-Global-Green-Brands-2013.aspx. As part of its continuing efforts to reduce its carbon footprint, Panasonic Corporation of North America relocated its operations to a new eco-efficient office tower adjacent to a mass transit hub in Newark, NJ in 2013. Information about Panasonic Eco Ideas initiatives is available at http://panasonic.net/eco/ecoideas. For more information, visit www.panasonic.com.